Every girl wishes to possess silky, smooth and glossy locks. They spend loads of money at hair spas to get glamorous hair look like models and celebrities. Getting such type of hair isn’t a daunting task. You can make your locks attractive and gleaming by some simple ways. For this purpose, the first thing that you should do is not depend on over-the-counter hair care products.
The cosmetic stores offer countless hair products which are claimed to be effective for adding quick shine to hair. But beware; these products contain harsh chemicals that are dangerous for your hair and scalp. This article reveals five easy and simple steps to add more shine to your hair naturally.
Steps to Add More Shine to Your Hair
- If you are aiming to get naturally gleaming hair, always use cold or lukewarm water for washing them. Too hot water destroys overall health of your hair and scalp, making them more fragile and weak and dry. Cold water helps in closing the hair’s cuticle and adds extra shine to your hair.
- The hair products (which you use) also play a significant role in developing or lessening your lock’s sheen and health. So, selecting the right kind of products is most essential to maintain the natural attraction of hair. Always choose a shampoo and conditioner that is suitable for your hair type and color. Never compromise on the quality of product.
- Avoid using hairstyling tools and products, the heat emitted by styling tools (such as hair dryer, straightner and curling rods) damage the natural moisture of hair, leaving them dull and dry. In the same way, hair gels and hair sprays contain harsh chemicals. Try to style your hair in natural way and let them dry naturally. If it becomes necessary to use hair dryer or any other hair styling tool, set them on the lowest settings. Don’t forget using heat-proctant spray before using such products.
- Consuming well-balanced diet is most essential when it comes to hair. Make sure that your diet contains adequate amount of vitamin E and other healthy vitamins. Spinach, olives, nuts, seeds and asparagus are some of the examples of such foods. Keep your body hydrated by drinking enough water.
- Vinegar is an excellent household product that can add extra shine to your hair. Apple cider vinegar is the best in this regard. Prepare a mixture by combining little amount of apple cider vinegar in water and spray it on your wet hair right after washing them. Rinse it off after a few minutes.