Dandruff is an itchy scalp syndrome that mainly triggered by a yeast called pityrosporum ovale. It makes the scalp itchy and dry, causing it to flake. If lefty untreated, the dandruff can spread to ears, eyebrows as well as the back of the neck. In this article, I have enlightened some main causes of dandruff and its solution. Read and enjoy the comprehensive info…
Causes of Dandruff
There are several factors, which may lead the development of dandruff. The most common causes are enlisted below:
- Over-secretion of sebaceous glands (which are responsible for producing the natural oils in the scalp) is a major cause of dandruff.
- Extreme hot or cold weather also make your hair and scalp extra dry, leaving them more vulnerable to dandruff.
- Excess use of the hair styling products (curling tools, hair straighteners, blow dryers, spray and gels) are contributors for itchy scalp and dandruff.
- In few cases, dandruff is produced due to hormonal changes.
- Stress also cause the dandruff. How? Because it upsurges the fabrication by oil glands in the scalp, causing dandruff and other scalp disorders.
- Over consumption of fried and sweet foods increase an individual’s vulnerability to dandruff.
- Sometimes, dandruff may be in indication of severe skin syndromes like psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Natural Solutions for Dandruff
If identified at the correct time, good home remedies can solve the dandruff issue naturally. Here are some of the best home remedies for dandruff.
Vinegar: Vinegar is natural hair conditioner, prepare a solution by combining two cups of each vinegar and water and rinse your hair with it after washing your hair as usual.
Aspirin: Smash two aspirins and add them to your regular shampoo.
Lime and Vinegar: Make a concoction of lime juice and vinegar, taking both ingredients in same quantities. Apply it to your massage and gently massage. Wait for few minutes and then wash hair using an egg shampoo.