The filaments of hair typically begin to get thinner around the age of forty but some people have to face this problem in the young age.
A number of reasons are involved behind your hair getting thinner, including improper hair care, deficiency of hair nutrition, excessive use of hair care products or medications and certain diseases and illnesses.
Thin hair may also be a result of genetic problem; in this case, it is almost impossible to make the hair thicker. But in rest of the cases, there are many tips and tricks to recover the quality of your hair.
Don’ts to Make Hair Thicker
- Many “bad hair habits” lead to make them thinner, let’s find out what should be avoided to make hair thicker and fuller.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your hair, existing in strong shampoos or conditioners.
- Excess use of hair styling tools such as (hair straightener, blow dryer, and roller) may ruin the overall health of hair, so you should not use them frequently.
- Hot water while shampooing your hair can harm your hair quicker.
- Avoid washing your hair daily as it can make the hair and scalp dry.
- Don’t tie your hair with a tight hair bands for 24 hours as it can weaken the hair follicles.
- You should not comb wet hair as they are more vulnerable for breakage.
Do’s to Make Hair Thicker
- Wash your hair only two times a week. However you can wash them every alternate day if you have oily hair.
- To nourish the hair follicles, applying a deep conditioner at least once a week is must.
- Comb your hair with a wide toothed brush to prevent hair breakage.
- Massage your hair with warm coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil or jojoba oil at least once a week to make hair glossy and thicker.
- Cover your hair with a scarf or cap before stepping out in the sun to protect them from from severe ultraviolet rays.
- Eat a balanced diet which is full of essential vitamins and minerals to keep hair healthy and strong.