Human hair can develop a dry and damaged texture due to various factors such as improper care, environmental factors, use of low quality hair care products, excess exposure to harsh sunrays, chemical-based treatments and unnecessary use of hair styling tools and products. It is a very tough challenge to restore dull and damaged hair back to life.
So, you should take proper care to keep your hair healthy, strong and gorgeous. There are several natural ways to avoid extra dry and damaged hair. Here are some effective tips which can help you in this regard.
Tips to Prevent Dry Damaged Hair
- Taking proper care is a key to prevent the hair-related problems. Wash your hair twice or thrice a week using a good-quality shampoo. Never forget applying a suitable conditioner to your hair immediately after washing them. Nourish the hair follicles with a hot oil treatment at least once a week.
- While choosing the hair care products (like shampoo and conditioner), never compromise on quality. You can save a few dollars by purchasing inexpensive, non-branded shampoos or conditioners but such products can ruin the overall health of your hair.
- Minimize the use of hair styling tools like hair dryer, hair straightner and curling irons etc. Prefer to make a homemade hairspray instead of using a commercial one. When it becomes necessary to use a blow dryer, hair straightener or curling iron, protect your hair by applying hair protectant spray.
- Avoid the frequent use of hair dyes, hair colors and chemical-based hair treatments.
- Cover your head with a scarf before stepping out to protect your hair from pollution, dust, and harsh UV rays of sun.
- Consuming a healthy and nutritious diet is essential to avoid hair problems and promote healthy hair growth. Eat a diet rich in healthy vitamins and minerals that are required for proper hair growth.