Extreme weather conditions, excessive heat of summer and harsh and dry chilly weather of winter, damage our skin as well as our hair leaving them dry and dreary. It basically zaps all the moisture from your hair and thus make then rough and boring. Dry, frizzy hair becomes very unmanageable and unattractive.
However, with few effectual home remedies, you can get your healthy and shiny hair back. These home grown hair treatments are cheap and easily available.
Dry Hair Home Remedies
- Apply a mixture of gram flour and coconut milk over the scalp and rub it gently. Let it sit virtually for about five minutes before rinsing off. The consistency of glam flour and coconut oil should be 1 tsp. and one cup respectively.
- Oil massage is very helpful for dry hair. Natural essential oils such as safflower oil, olive oil, castor oil, lavender oil or coconut are very beneficial for dry hair. You can use any one or an amalgamation of these oils for giving scalp massage. This will boost blood circulation in the scalp besides moisturizing and softening the hair.
- Honey is an intensive, natural moisturizer for hair. Prepare a mixture by mixing one tsp. of honey in 4 cup water, and run this potion through your hair each time after shampooing. Don’t wash and let it dry out usual, for added shiny, pleasant smelling and soft hair.
- Take egg white and beat it well. Then add 1 tablespoon water to egg yolk and beat, until it transforms into creamy mixture. Mix both egg white and yolk together. Dampen your hair and squeeze off excess moisture. Now, apply the prepared mixture over your scalp with the help of your fingertips. Slightly massage until lather is formed. Finally, rinse your hair inside out with cold water.
- Mayonnaise is also to a certain extent effectual in dealing with dry hair. Take about ½ cup of mayonnaise and apply heat until turns oily. Put this oily mayonnaise onto your grubby hair and wrap your entire hair with a plastic bag or swimmers’ cap. Hold the treatment on for about fifteen minutes and then wash off with shampoo.